Translate

Thursday, June 9, 2016

You Are One in a Melon: Side Step Card

Hello everyone! 
What do I have for you today!!

Today I would like to share with you a summer themed
side step card with a pop of color from her dress.


Today I have for you this little gem and cutie
from Sherri Baldy My Besties



I wanted something fun for her so I decided to start
with a side step card and some cute watermelon paper pieced embellishments


I love how simple the cut is for the side step and all
the possibilities of adding so many little goodies
to go with your image.

Here is the template I used to make my base

    Our Daily Bread designs Blog: Techniques, Tutorials and Tips - Side Step Card!:
    This is one that I have saved for reference for all the measurements.
    I started with Recollections cardstock for my base.


I cut my watermelon and sentiment on my cutting machine.  Love
that you can adjust the size to fit with your project

Added some ribbon on the bottom of the front fold in yellow tones
for a small added pop of color along with the twine bow.



I printed my image at original size and cut her out with 
Spellbinders nestabilities labels nine in the largest die
Cut around where it would emboss and then cut a second in the
green to mount her on.

What colors did I use to color her?
I have used copics
Skin:  E50, 51, 53 and RV21 for checks
Eyes: 32, 39 and B00
Watermelon:  R32, 35, 56   and  RV 29
Dress and hat:  YR 07, 15, 16, 20  and  Y00
Greens: YG11,17, 41 and G21


I hope today I have sparked you creative juices

You can find more delightful little images in a variety of themes at





3 comments:

  1. Just precious Heather! LOVE the bright summery colors and your watermelon themed design is fabulous! Screams SUMMER TIME FUN to me! LOL Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘SUMER TIME FUN’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card. Lovely colors. Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Addicts :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card. Thank you for the template too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. They are always appreciated.